Content marketing can help you achieve many things. It builds your brand identity. It creates brand loyalty. It educates potential customers, and lets them engage directly with you.
Content creation is an obvious (and important) piece of the strategy, but content marketing is much more. It’s about how your content gets noticed and how effective it is. But, you need the right kind of content, on the right channels, and targeted to the right groups of people. And, you need to measure its results.
We know content marketing is the best strategy to help you drive new leads. Don’t take our word for it. Here are 15 content marketing stats that you should know:
- Companies that published 16 or more blog posts per month got almost 3.5 times more traffic than companies that published 0-4 monthly posts.
- 43% of people say they skim blog posts.
- Only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing.
- 72% of adult internet users use Facebook.
- Facebook sends 82% of social media traffic to longer stories on the web and 84% of social traffic to shorter news articles.
- 59% of Instagram users are on the platform daily, including 35% who visit several times a day.
- 90% of all marketers say that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses.
- At least 61% of businesses investing a minimum of six hours per week in social media marketing saw improvements in search engine rankings.
- 54% of marketers say increasing engagement rate is their top email marketing priority.
- 15% of marketers say their company does not regularly review email opens and clicks; only 23% say they have integrated their website and emails to track what happens after a click.
- The ability to segment email lists and individualize email campaign messaging are the most effective personalization tactics for 51% and 50% of marketing influencers, respectively.
- Lack of resources, such as staff, funding, and time remains the biggest obstacle to successful lead generation for 61% of B2B marketers.
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
- 64% of B2B marketers outsource writing.
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
Let us help you create a content marketing strategy that works for you. We’ll craft your content and make sure it reaches the right people. Give us a call today.