If you’re still using LinkedIn as simply a host for your online resume (or gasp, you’re not even on LinkedIn at all), you’re missing out on one of the most effective social media marketing platforms there is for law firms.
LinkedIn has more than 774 million members worldwide and is the go-to social media site for professionals. As a lawyer, its benefits are two-fold.
- It connects you to other law professionals, thereby enabling you to build out your network (hello, referrals!), and
- It’s a place where potential clients can learn more about you, your services, and your professional reputation.
While there are opportunities for paid advertising on LinkedIn, so much of what you can do to drum up new business and make new connections can be done on the platform without paying for expensive ad placements.
Need even more reasons for your law firm to go social on LinkedIn?
Here are 3 more reasons why you should be jumping on LinkedIn today:
- For reputation management – Clients turn to law firms they can trust. With LinkedIn, you can establish your firm as an industry thought leader by actively posting on the site and engaging with peers and potential clients.
- To expand your reach – With LinkedIn, the more actively you participate, the more useful the platform will be to you. And it doesn’t have to take over your life. A few strategic posts per week are enough to offer immediate benefits and begin growing your network. Moreover, LinkedIn offers opportunities for you and your law firm to make targeted connections by participating in relevant groups and associations.
- To leverage your content – Potential clients are searching for solutions. Offer them answers through your content and social media posts. What’s more, if you’re already actively creating content for other marketing channels like blogs and newsletters (which you definitely should be doing) , you can stretch that content even further by sharing it on LinkedIn.
And a bonus reason: Content posted on LinkedIn is indexed by Google, so the more actively you engage and contribute relevant content, the better your SEO and Google ranking will be.
Like any marketing strategy, LinkedIn is not a silver bullet for growing your business, but it is an effective tool to add to your playbook and serve as a complement your other marketing initiatives.
If you’re ready to grow your law firm’s business on LinkedIn, we can help. Take the next step today by getting in touch with us at The Found Gen.